Monday 12 December 2011

Self Portrait-Chance and Destruction

For this experiment, I used the self portrait of my self that I used for the Idris Khan work.

For this task I got the portrait and printed some copies out so that I had a physical copy of the photo because I wanted to take the photos through  some tests...


This is the original photo

For this one I put the photo in my oven and left it for 2 minutes.
This is what happened after:





I put this on submerged under water for a couple of hours.
But not much changed after I took it out.







I put this one in a bowl of water and then froze it.

And I left this one out side under ground for a night.


To anyone just looking at these photos, it probably would come to there minds as being interesting but having no value, just ruining some photos. While that is true, the value from these comes from before the out come of each of the things I did, I had no idea what would happen to them the next time I would see them, I have no control over what will happen. That is what gives these value.










No comments:

Post a Comment