Monday 17 October 2011

Sohpie Calle Project

From inspiration from one of Sophie Calle's pieces of work called 'The Shadow', I decided to go out around where I live and take photos of places that have some type of personal meaning to me alone. 


This was the first place I learnt to ride my bike
with out stabilises. 

This was my pre-school.

This was my Primary school.

This is one of the many trees that me and my friends
liked to clime when walking home from primary school
but would almost always with someone getting very wet and muddy. 







This was some random in closed wooded area that we found and called 'The Den'.
There was always a rumor that there was a homeless person living there, but we never found anything.

This was the first place that i caught my own fish with my Grand-dad. 



My Grand parents house was quite an important place for me during primary
 school  and the first couple of year at secondary school because
my parents both work full times so me and my younger sister would have
to go there after school and they would give us tea and we would stay there until
my parents got off work.

Me and my sister always loved going to there house though because they would
always know just how to treat us by taking us to places like McDonald
and then beach and by giving us lots of sweets, ice cream and  biscuit as seen here was the 'biscuit jar'.




Even though we still do like to visit them, because we have both started secondary school,
 me and my sister don't see  as much of them as we did when we saw them nearly ever day,
 so now all of my Grans cupboards are still filled with biscuits and loads of toppings that we would like
 to put on our ice creams, normally a bit too much.
This is the church that my Grandparents go to and we would go help out at
when ever it was a teacher training day and we were with them,
but we would always go to get a drink and something nice to eat when we went there with them.


This is one of my most favorite places to go after school because they did really nice
hot chocolates, it was right next to the beach, and just around the corner from my school and my Grandparents
house so it was always really easy to get to. 


This is the tennis club that i did when i was younger for about 2 years.

This is the newsagent that me and my friends go to almost every weekend
to buy a ton of sweets.

And this was the first places that i got proper told of and shouted at
for skateboarding there.



In a way this could also be linked and inspired by Stephen Gill as well because i was taking photos of just ordinary things and places, but because that place has a much bigger meaning to me, it makes the photo have a lot more value.

This is a video of a guy that i like to watch on YouTube and he has gone back to his hometown and has done a very similar thing to what i was doing here as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment